Soumya S. Bhat (Research Scientist)
Dr. Soumya S. Bhat is working as a research scientist at Indo-Korea Science and technology Center (IKST), Bangalore since January 2019. Previously, she was postdoctoral research fellow at IKST from October 2016 to December 2018. Before joining IKST, she worked as an adjunct faculty at Arizona State University, USA. She did her PhD in computational materials science at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, under the supervision of Prof.
Upadrasta Ramamurty (IISc) and Prof. Umesh V. Waghmare (JNCASR). Her research interest is in the fundamental understanding of relationship between structure and properties of materials at the atomic level.
- Soumya S. Bhat, Wei Li, Anthony K. Cheetham, Umesh V. Waghmare and U. Ramamurty, "A
first-principles study of pressure-induced phase transformation in a rare-earth formate
framework", Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 18, 19032 (2016);
- Soumya S. Bhat, Umesh V. Waghmare and U. Ramamurty, “Effect of oxygen vacancies on the elastic
properties of zinc oxide: A first-principles investigation”, Computational Materials Science 99,
- Soumya S. Bhat, Umesh V. Waghmare and U. Ramamurty, “First-principles study of structure,
vibrational, and elastic properties of stoichiometric and calcium deficient hydroxyapatite”,
Crystal Growth and Design 14, 3131-41 (2014);
- Soumya S. Bhat, Umesh V. Waghmare and U. Ramamurty, “Pressure induced structural phase
transformation in TiN: A first-principles study”, Journal of Applied Physics 113, 133507 (2013);
- Anupum Pant, Engin Torun, Bin Chen, Soumya S. Bhat, Xi Fan, Kedi Wu, David P Wright, Francois M.
Peeters, Emmanuel Soignard, Hasan Sahin, and Sefaattin Tongay “Strong Dichroic Emission in
Pseudo One Dimensional Material ZrS3”, Nanoscale 8, 16259 (2016);
Soumya S. Bhat, Kapil Gupta, Satadeep Battacharjee and Seung-Cheol Lee, "Role of zero-point effects in stabilizing the ground state structure of bulk Fe2P", Journal of Physics: Condesed Matter, 30, 215401 (2018);